Thursday, January 22, 2015

More than just a pretty face??

We always talk about how smart the horses are, Dolly loves to learn tricks, Penny "feeds" Dolly when the mood strikes her, the horses get a lot of barn credit for their smarts as do the dogs and even our little bird brains often surprise us with their hen cleverness.

Chloe and Oscar, well, they're the cute ones and possibly the sweetest at Sadie Acres.  Recently, however, I've realized there's maybe more than just a pretty face there...

Holland Lop Rabbits Blue Steel
Oscar doing his best Blue Steel
The bunnies love attention and will often make noise in their cage if you aren't paying enough attention to them, they'll toss stuff around and move whatever they can that will make a ruckus.  Over the last couple weeks though, I started to notice a trend in those noises when they knew it was almost oatmeal time. These two LOVE their oatmeal!  

After observing carefully for a few days I realized they work together to move their oatmeal dish front and center to where I always put it during feeding time.



Sure enough, they knew it was almost oatmeal time and they knew getting that dish moving would help remind me, just in case I forgot!  

This evening confirmed my smarter-than-we-gave-them-credit-for suspicions when after they got their plate in place, each time I said "oatmeal" Oscar would move the dish.  




Beauty and brains, what more could you ask for?!

Holland Lop Bunnies
Napping with full oatmeal bellies!


No comments:

Post a Comment