Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Meet Denali!

We're back, and as promised, Denali has arrived!


Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy


I did a TON of research before I decided my next dog would be a Bernese Mountain Dog, and I must say, the research paid off!  

She's been here less than 24 hours, and I can say with complete certainty she is the perfect addition to Sadie Acres!

Here is what we know about Denali so far...

She is excellent on road trips!


Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

She was perfect on the 2 1/2 hour car ride home last night, she sat on my lap and looked around for a little bit, then slept the whole way home.  I probably have Jerry to thank for keeping her active yesterday, but either way she was the perfect car dog.

She loves her new toys and carrying around her food and water bowls.

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy


Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

And most of all, she loves playing with Schumi!  It took him a little while to come around to the idea, but he's warming up to his "little" sister.

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy


She slept the whole night!

At bedtime she crawled right in the dog bed and went to sleep.  Being a Berner she did get hot a couple times and had to move to the cooler floor, but she didn't make a peep between midnight and 7am!

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

She has the common sense to be an excellent barn dog!

Denali is my little shadow, everywhere I go she is right there with me, but she was VERY cautious around the horses. She opted to wait patiently outside their stalls until I was done.

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

The rabbits on the other hand...it was love at first sight.  A little too much love for poor Oscar, she licked him all over his face and head!



To my surprise there wasn't much interaction with the chickens.  She chased them a little bit in a playful way, but for the most part she stayed clear of them and they stayed clear of her! 

She is very helpful!  

She helped me work...no, I didn't pose this, she is just that ridiculously cute!

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

She really wanted to help me scoop feed!

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

She helped me look for toys under the table!

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy

It was a lot of adventure for her first day, she is one tired puppy!  Time to rest up for day 2 :)

Bernese Mountain Dog Puppy




No comments:

Post a Comment