Sunday, January 11, 2015

Big Brother Schumi


As we eagerly await Denali's arrival to Sadie Acres, I am reminded of how much fun, and how much work having a puppy is!  

Schumi was born on March 10th, 2006, it's hard to believe he is almost 9 because he still has so much of that puppy charm!   

Schumi Beagle Puppy
The first picture I saw of Schumi, this was sent by the family before I even picked him out!

Schumi was always a napper and always loved to cuddle.  

The family I got him from had a little girl that was about 7 at the time he was born. She immediately selected him as her favorite of the litter and would carry him everywhere and gave him TONS of attention. The day I picked him out I actually pulled her Mom aside and told her that I couldn't take this puppy from her daughter. She said he was going regardless so it may as well be to me. 

I kept in touch with the family for quite some time and give that sweet little girl credit for what a loving dog Schumi is and how good he is with kids.

Schumi Beagle Puppy

Schumi Beagle Puppy

Schumi Beagle Puppy

Mauzzy was 9 years old when I got Schumi and a big part of my decision to get him was to help keep Mauzzy young...it definitely worked!  We were so lucky to have her 8+ years after that.  I hope he and Denali get along as well as these two did and she helps keep him young and active.


Schumi Beagle Puppy
She was so patient with him!

Schumi Beagle Puppy
Mauzzy definitely "mothered" Schumi, this look says it all!

Schumi Beagle Puppy

Schumi Beagle Dogs Swimming
My favorite pic of the two
Schumi is definitely the typical Beagle that requires a lot of patience and rules, but overall he was a good puppy, he never was too destructive and loved to play! 


Schumi Beagle Puppy

Schumi Beagle Puppy

Schumi Beagle Puppy
This gorilla was his favorite toy as a pup

He's a bit of a Momma's boy so hopefully he won't be too jealous of Denali in the beginning :)

Schumi Beagle




No comments:

Post a Comment