Friday, March 13, 2015

Leave it to Dolly...

When I moved back to Colorado one of my top priorities was being able to walk out my door, straight to the barn and to my horses.  I never take that walk for granted, I'm thankful every single day, but during wintertime I'm thankful at a much faster pace!  

This evening was one of the first evenings of the season where it was warm enough to take my time feeding and enjoy the amazing sunset.  


It was one of those water color sunsets, beauty in every direction.



The cottonwoods add such a dramatic contrast.



Since I was taking my time and enjoying the nice night, I let the girls out of the round pen to run and play a bit more while I finished scooping their feed. Sadie loved it and took her time making her way to the barn.


Not Dolly, Dolly ran straight to the barn and upon discovering her feed was not in her stall yet she went right to the feed room.  Buckets flying, she was on a mission!


She never ceases to amaze me with how smart she is, we have 7 trash cans full of different feed and she went straight to hers.


She pulled the lid off like it's something she does every day!  


Ok, Dolly, I get the message.  I'll enjoy the sunsets AFTER your fed :)  Leave it to Dolly to bring the humor and chaos on such a peaceful and serene evening.

They are all tucked in, fat and happy for another night as I admire the perfect view from my door.






No comments:

Post a Comment