Monday, February 9, 2015

Making a Splash!

I know it's a little too early to use the S word, but with a high of 72 degrees Saturday and the creek running strong from runoff, I'm going to say it anyway...it feels like Spring!  

We took full advantage of the perfect weather this weekend and nobody enjoyed it more than the horses, with their still heavy winter coats, the cool water must have felt fantastic!

Rowdy, of course, had to make the biggest splash :)



Sadie must have remembered our river trips in AZ because she was a champ and waded all the way in to where the water was up to my ankles.  I was glad I didn't bring Dolly along on this ride, she definitely would have been swimming!


Even Penny, who enjoys water the least had fun splashing around.


The only one not excited about our noisy trek through the water was this huge owl that we presumably woke from his afternoon nap.  I wish I would have had my camera ready, he flew right in front of me and Sadie.


The reality of it still being February will definitely sink in with snow in the forecast this Wednesday, but it was nice to soak up the beautiful weather for a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment