Thursday, September 24, 2015

Nana and Mrs. Kluck

My sister and I grew up watching the classic Disney movies, I'm pretty sure we can still quote a few of them word for word!  

Like most little girls, we watched all of the princess themed movies, but our favorites were Robin Hood and Sword in the Stone.  

Considering these movies were on repeat for a big chunk of our childhood it's not surprising that my Mom and I instantly noticed that Mrs. Patmore reminded us of someone...

I'm fairly certain whoever created Mrs. Kluck from Robin Hood based her off of a Light Brahma.  Especially when she runs, Mrs. Patmore is only missing the blue dress!




Our other similarity has just recently emerged since the kitties joined us.  We now have our very own Nana from Peter Pan in the barn.  

Denali definitely thinks she's in charge of taking care of the kittens!


Her morning routine has completely changed since their arrival, she would typically go to the barn with me and then run around and explore while I cleaned the stalls and runs.  She'd check in with me periodically, but for the most part this is when she got her morning exercise.  Not anymore!  Once she's in that barn she will not leave the cats for even a second.  


Tig is starting to play with her now, and it amazes me how gentle she is.



Chibs is still a bit cautious, but he is definitely warming up to her.



At first I thought she was just fascinated by them and excited to have two potential new playmates, but yesterday I saw her full on "Nana" side.  I put them in the yard to get a little bit of sun and Denali watched over them the entire time!



I had to actually move Schumi to another part of the yard because she would growl at him if he came near their cage.  

I think they were equally happy to have her nearby.





I guess life around here does sometimes feel a bit like a Disney movie...



but I never saw even one of those Princesses shovel horse poop!




No comments:

Post a Comment